Friday, July 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home


The origin of this saying was created by Edwin Forbes from a set of etches concerning the Civil War.  It was etched in 1876.  I have always thought this to be a warming statement, but to think it was connected with the War was a surprise to me.  Soldiers longing for home.  Longing to be safe.  Longing for family.  Lonely and wanting to feel loved.  The soldiers were desiring so many things of home.

We are soldiers in a war while in this flesh.  We fight against darkness...Ephesians 6:12.  This world is not our home, but whether it exists in a city far away in eternity.  We are pilgrims traveling through this world.  Dear Christian, don't get too comfortable for we are not in control of our lives.  Who can add a day to his own life?  We act as if we are capable of doing this though!  I am thinking about what living for Christ means today.

This is my prayer:  "Dear Heavenly Father....I am on my face in my spirit today Lord for I am ashamed that I have not confessed you in a way to impact those around me!  Allow me another day so that I might live more honorably for you"...in the name of Jesus Christ"...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment