Wednesday, September 7, 2011

French Hat

During WWII a good friend of mine, who passed away years ago, lived in France to be near her husband.  Georgia was in her late seventies when I met her and she was filled with stories of her life in France and the war.  She was a soul in dire straights.  What do I mean?  We can be someone who loves the Lord in a crowd, but when we are alone at night the dark shadows of doubt can torment us. 

Georgia told me that she did not know if she was saved and she wanted to know how she could know if she indeed had salvation.  In I John 5:13 we see that John was encouraging those who had believed in Jesus that they were saved.  Satan is the author of doubt.  If you embrace Jesus Christ as Savior of your soul and love His Word, you are indeed saved from your sin and an eternal hell created for the devil. 

After recently going through a tornado, some things were saved and one of those was a little black hat that Georgia gave to me that she had purchased in France.  The hat will always remind me that I know I am in Christ and He has forgiven my sins.  Saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment