Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cutting Thoughts

I went to the funeral of a relative today.  It was held in a Church.  The last funeral I attended was in 1984, my mother's.  What happens when you are in a place where the presence of God is absent?  It is soul chilling and you find yourself wanting to run away, seeking to escape the world who believes that they are on their way to heaven.

It is not for me to judge any one's salvation, but when the fellowship in the Spirit is not there, something is deadly wrong!  I wanted to weep in my Spirit for the sadness of people bound for hell.  The stench was choking the air in the room.  The sadness was deep and cutting into my thoughts.  It was not my place to preach and yet in my spirit I fell to my knees wanting to escape all of the hypocrisy!  Stay close Lord Jesus.

"Heavenly Father...save those who can be saved in the name of Christ!  Forgive me for joining in on the conversations of the lost.  Forgive me for grieving the Holy Spirit.  The person was dead and no one thought on eternity.  Did he go to hell?  Help me Lord to get my focus back on You and let the dead bury the dead.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment