Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Mother

My Mother passed away in 1984, but she has been on my mind lately.  She was not a perfect Mother, but I loved her.  Got a mailer from a Church we used to belong to and it talked about "Super-Moms".  I don't know what their definition of a super Mom is, but can it be they have gone with the thinking of the world's culture? 

I wasn't with my Mother when she died, but I was in the hallway praying for her.  She had gone into a coma that night and my sisters had gone home to bed.  I guess I just miss her.  I always took the children to see her about twice a week and enjoyed getting into her refrigerator to see what she had to eat.  I miss those times.  She didn't talk much, but it made her happy to see the children enjoying her food.  She was a good cook.

Was she a super Mom?  She was always there for me.  I think this qualifies her as a super Mom.  All of her faults seem to have faded after so many years, but the things I remember about her are sweet and in my heart.  I guess I am just missing her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment