Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Angels

"Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"  Hebrews 1:14.  There is so much talk about angels today, I wanted to share a thought with you.  The program "Touched by an Angel" was the number one program watched in the early 90's.  At first I rejoiced and then things got sticky for me when Della Reese was singing in a bar.  The very last episode I watched was about a homosexual who was  told that he had been born that way.  This goes against scripture for we can read in the first chapter of Romans how God hates the sin of homosexuality!

Why are people so intrigued with angels today?  Why is it is easier for people to believe in angels than in Jesus?  The world portrays angels as loving creatures bearing no day of judgement.  We are told in Colossians 2:18 that we are not to worship them.

There is comfort in Hebrews 1:14 for those who will one day inherit salvation.  If you will notice it says "for" and not "to".  I appreciate angels because they are servants of the Lord.  I praise God for His beings who do His bidding concerning us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment