Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Predestined or No

If you are reading this blog then you are interested in the question of Predestination.  I might also add that you are more interested in what exactly is "The Elect"?  It's a big subject to take on, but in my opinion, it is worth the effort to try.  Shortly after I was saved the Holy Spirit gave me the revelation that God knew who would be saved before time began.  Back then I had no idea of Theology because a babe in Christ can only drink the milk of the word...he is not suited for meat yet.

There is no evil in God (Psalm 92:15).  God will never do anything that is evil.  This is the first step to understanding the character of God.  He is my heavenly Father and He will never do anything to hurt me.  This is the second step.  If I do not believe the second step, then the first one is null and void in my life.  We must have a full understanding of the first step.

Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding".


When it comes to the mind of God we are at the place of something we will not fully know until we are there with Him.  He has given us scripture though and doctrine in His Word.  There are so many scriptures that support the doctrine of "Election", but at the same time there are many that uphold the doctrine of "Free Will".  In my life, I have found that searching the scriptures is the only way to really know the Truth. ( Because the Earth rotates through two tidal “bulges” every lunar day, coastal areas experience two high and two low tides every 24 hours and 50 minutes. High tides occur 12 hours and 25 minutes apart.)
What a small thing to say and yet if we consider a God who does not have complete control over everything that exists how can we proclaim with confidence that God was ignorant about the things in His Hand before the foundation of the world was laid?

May the Lord bless you as you search for the Truth in His Word.



No comments:

Post a Comment