Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I have decided!

My daughter said to me the other day, "Some people have a relationship with God and then there are those who have a relationship with Religion".  It was such a deep statement that I had to write something about it.  I'm on the internet a lot and sometimes I meet people who have never been born again.  I have some very precious friends online that are real in their lives about the Lord and I thank God for each one.  

How can we know if someone is really born again or not?  There have been tons of books written on the subject, so who am I to write one more thing about it?  For me it is the test of time and watching their lives that reveals the truth.  We are commanded in the Word to test "every" spirit to see whether or not they are of God. (I John 4:1).  Lay hands on no man suddenly (I Timothy 5:22).  Christians are not perfect, but the striving to be obedient to God must be there.

Only God knows the heart of a person, but testing the spirit is so important to the Body of Christ.  I have decided that if God has instructed us to do it, then we must and for those who belong to the Lord it would behoove us to examine even ourselves to see if we be in the faith. (2 Corinthians 13:5).  That's how essential it is to "test" every spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment