Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Gay Man

I loved him so much!  My brother, James, turned to homosexuality when he was twenty-six years old.  Before that he was deeply in love with a woman who chose someone else. He "chose" to turn.  He was so handsome, he could have been a movie star!  He lived in Kansas City, Mo and attended a Gay Church.  I witnessed to him every chance God gave me, but to no avail.

When I found out that he was dying of AIDS at the age of forty-nine my heart was broken. I called him immediately.  He told me not to preach to him.  He died two weeks later in his living room surrounded by his gay men friends.  God gave me grace over his death.

He is in eternity today and it is "forever".  When I think about being separated from God FOREVER I cannot bear the thought!  Eternity never ends!  I thank the Lord for going to the Cross to save those who would come to HIm.  My name is written in the Lamb's book of life and the struggles here cannot compare with the glory to come in heaven!  Just sharing my personal thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment