Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Flesh

My flesh stinks!  That's right, it is a stink in the nostrils of God! 

" For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."  Romans 7:15.  Was the Apostle Paul talking about his flesh and how he gave in to it even though it grieved him to do so?  Yes, and how can we have peace with the Lord if we live this way?

The conflict between the flesh and the Spirit is on-going, so how do we stop doing the things we hate?  A born again Christian will not continue to live in sin...so we jump to Romans 8:1.  Christ has delivered us from this body of death.  We now have the dominion over sin through Grace.  The spiritual war is raging friend and Satan comes at us with every blow of his defeated hammer.  I have toiled so long about laying aside the sin that begets me that my spirit is worn.  It must boil down to knowing that we have the strength to say no to sin, we can choose "not" to sin....and if we do sin we have an advocate with the Father...Jesus Christ...I John 2:1.  Thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment