Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Restores

He restores my soul...Psalm 23 is a great promise.  I have been thinking about the "soul" and what it means.  We can read many commentaries concerning this part of our being, but I would like to share what it is to me.  

The emotional part of us dwells within the soul.  It is our very own created personality.  In this world our soul gets beaten down with stress over many things.  These circumstances prick at our very emotions and drain us of peace.  At times we feel like we cannot escape these demons who torment our thought life.  How can we escape and be restored?

We have not learned how to trust in His promise.  So how do we trust?  We trust the brakes on our car to stop us without thinking and yet we cannot see them working.  The way we learn to trust is to test Him...He even invites us to do this...Malachi 3:10.  He will reveal Himself to us and restore our souls.  This is not talking only about giving, but we are to test the very promises of God.

Matthew 11:28-30
New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

We come to Him in prayer, but our words are not drenched in wanting Him!

May God grant us the desire to come into prayer with the need of touching the hem of His garment!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment