Friday, May 11, 2012

Pedestal

As a Christian, I have learned  never to put anyone on a pedestal.  The danger with this is the famous let down when you come to realize that they are just human.  What does it mean to put someone on a pedestal?  I have been doing a lot of thinking about that and we can find more about it in I Corinthians 3:4..."For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos, " are you not carnal?"

When I applied this to my own life I was putting certain people on a pedestal, thinking they were so wise that I would consult them before I prayed to God!  I will no longer do that!  If we hold one person more precious than another in the Body of Christ we are bound without a doubt to fall!  This kind of thinking is not of God.

Could putting someone on a pedestal be carnal behavior?  Yes, I think so.  The lessons of God are learned the hard way, but the Lord sees to it that we do learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment