Saturday, August 13, 2011

Your Legacy



What will people say about you at your funeral?  I once heard of a preacher who called in another preacher to do the eulogy because he had known the dead man to be an habitual liar!  What will others think about us who claimed to know the Lord and who lived like the devil?  These legacies people leave will cause many to go to hell. 

What do you want your legacy to be?  This is what I want people to think of me:  honest, soft-spoken, compassionate, thoughtful, loving, a good friend, understanding, one who gives encouragement, giving, and with the emphasis on "she was a real Child of God".  This legacy will glorify God and cause some to know Christ. 

"Dear Lord Jesus...you know that my tongue is sharp and I fall short in so many of these things, but it is my prayer that your Holiness would work in me so that a legacy honoring You might follow me in death and beyond".  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment