Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stress



The more we try not to be stressed out, the more we seem to let it control us.  It is an age old problem and no one has not dealt with it.  The picture above is what we desire and yet are so far away from applying it to our lives.  What is the answer? 

There are two kinds of stress.  One is the normal of getting things done in the day that needs to be accomplished.  The other one is abnormal and is called "worry".  This came like a kidney punch to me, but 'worry' is really a sin!  It is not trusting in the Lord for situations in our lives.  I have lived in worry for so long it has been justified in my mind under so many names.  After seeking God in prayer about this sin, it has been like fighting the enemy who wants to destroy every part of me!  Satan hates it when we seek God.


"Dear Lord Jesus...please help me to take one day at a time and stop swallowing the future with uncertain fears of what might happen.  You said to deal with the day at hand for the evil is sufficient enough for us".  Help me to rely on you to help me conquer the evil of this day and not all of the tomorrows".  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment