Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not a Dream


I read somewhere the other day that "Christianity is a battle, not a dream".  The apostle Paul called us 'soldiers'.  The battle is hard and the enemy fights day and night against us.  The good news is that Jesus said "be of good cheer for I have overcome the world"...John 16:33.  Very seldom are we of good cheer though and it grieves my soul that I am troubled and lack so much faith in Him when things do not go my way.

Time after time I have seen Him make a way for me in situations that are dire and yet when they arise again my fear returns.  Once again He makes a way and I am relieved.  If this is not your experience I would love to hear from you.  His love for us is so gracious and yet we find it hard to accept.  So many times I have pondered as to why He would even love me?  Why would He bother?  His love is immersed in blood and yet we wallow in doubt.

"Dear Heavenly Father....forgive us our times of shirking your word and letting fear consume us!  Replace our doubt with knowing who we are in Christ!  This is the key, so hear my prayer Lord Jesus and fill us with this great knowing that you are our Father".  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment