Saturday, April 21, 2018

Daniel 7--A Psychiatrist's Nightmare

Daniel 7--A Psychiatrist's Nightmare

In 1969 I was practically a new bride and had the blues, so I turned to a Psychiatrist for help.  Later in years, I would learn that having the blues shortly after you are married is quite normal.  On with my story.  I got an appointment with the Director of the local mental health center.  Keep that in mind that he was the director of this place.  During my first session with him, I felt led to ask him if he believed in Christ.  This was his reply, "If I believed in Christ I would be working against everything I'm striving to do here".  I did not return to him.

Recently I have fallen in love with the 7th chapter of Daniel and his dream.  When he had this dream Daniel wrote it down.  I invite you to read his dream.  It talks about the return of Christ.  He lived over 500 years before Christ was born!  I would be so interested in to know what that Psychiatrist would think about this wonderful dream that only a born-again believer could appreciate. It would be enough to drive him out of his mind. 

What happens when you check into a Mental ward?  The very first thing they ask you is, "Do you think you are Christ?"  Do you not find this very interesting that the first thing they target is Christ?  Do not trust to man's wisdom for it is foolishness to God:

I Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment