Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Rapture?

I met a lady once three decades ago who told me, "If they believe in a Post-Tribulation, let them stay here. I'm going in the Rapture!".  I thought it to be somewhat funny at the time, but was it worth thinking about?  I had always believed in the Rapture and still do, so while I'm mulling it over in my mind I might as well write about it.  

Matthew 24:41 "Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left". There are many scriptures to prove the Rapture.  Mind you, I'm speaking from my belief as I see them. If this should happen today, where would you be Spiritually?  Would you be taken or would you be left? I have a Granddaughter who wrote once, "There are so many people in Church who don't believe that Jesus is coming back again".  She was eleven years old at that time.  Do we really believe it or are we so dulled in our senses to the Holy Spirit that we hardly pray or read His Word?  When I was young I was so caught up in doing work for God that I probably forgot that what He wanted most was "me".  Now, I'm old and He gives me the wisdom to know that my next breath comes from His hand.  

The Rapture is something I hadn't thought about in a long time.  Rather than debating when it will happen is really immaterial to me now.  Our senses have been dulled to the Holy Spirit and this is the real thing we should be wrestling with at this very moment. What does it mean to be "dulled"? It means to be bored.  We have become "bored" with God.  Going to Church is a great thing, but if it just makes us feel better about ourselves then something is amiss.  If we have lost the ability to repent when we have sinned against God, then we are in dire straights, my friend.  If we are just going through the motions of being a Christian then we might be in deep trouble with the Lord.

Let us ask God for the wisdom to we need to live as He wants us to and not as we want.





No comments:

Post a Comment