Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The Tape Recorder

God will call you to do the most unique things. While in another town visiting my brother and his family I was told about my cousin who had brain cancer and was dying at home. I asked if it would be possible for me to go see him and they said that he didn't want anyone coming to visit. It was sad news for he was a very young man about thirty years of age, but God had a plan.

When I returned to my home God called me to do something I had never done before. Stanley came to mind and his soul was lost. One evening my husband brought home an old tape recorder from where he worked. He thought I would enjoy it. I bought some tapes to record on and the first thing that came to mind was Stanley. The Holy Spirit was leading me on this one I knew. God was calling me to make a tape for Stanley telling him about God. I began talking to him about dying and how he needed the Lord because heaven and hell were real. Then came the reading of scriptures to him. Many of them.

I then mailed it to him and about a week later I got a thank you card in the mail from his Mother. Stanley had passed, but she said he had listened to the tape for hours upon hours and just before he died he told her that he loved God!! Oh!! What joy filled my heart!! He went to heaven. If God calls you to do something He will do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment